About Picture Sets
Picture Sets is a searchable collection of carefully selected sets of drawings, photographs and paintings. The sets can be used:
View sample picture sets and supporting resources for:
- Using Picture Sets: general suggestions to support inquiry teaching using visual sources.
- Strategies for investigating pictures: detailed instructions and lesson activities to teach students to analyze, interpret and make judgments about images.
- Topics: lists of broad areas of study that contain many sets of images dealing with more specific themes within each topic.
- Individual Picture Sets each contain four elements:
- Overview of the set: summary description, thumbnail images, annotations, pdf and PowerPoint versions of the image set
- Image viewer: options to select, enlarge, navigate, or save images
- Student tasks: suggested critical thinking tasks that can be addressed with the information contained in the designated set of images
- Teacher notes: instructions and support materials that include teacher resources, student handouts and background information for teachers
Karen LaRone, Project manager
Carlos Ormond, Production coordinator
Susan Teed, Web production manager
Roland Case, Project supervisor
- The TC2.ca web site contains third-party content that has been licensed to The Critical Thinking Consortium by third-party copyright holders for Authorized Users(s).
- Due to the variety of source for content, end-users should reference the copyright link on each resource to ensure copyright compliance.
- Every effort has been made to identify all licensed material with a copyright symbol © or an appropriate credit located near the borrowed excerpt or in a copyright credit index attached to the resource
- Please notify The Critical Thinking Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org of cases where copyright has not been appropriately acknowledged so that corrective action can be taken.
- Except as expressly provided herein, it is illegal to reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sublicense, sell, rent, or lease any third-party material without written permission from the copyright owner or their representative.