About History Docs
History Docs is a searchable collection of carefully selected sets of primary and secondary source documents for use as information sources about peoples, places, things and events in Canadian history. The sets can be used:
View sample History Docs and supporting resources for the topics:
Also access the following sets free of charge:
- Using History Docs: general suggestions to support inquiry teaching using primary and secondary sources.
- Strategies for investigating historical documents: detailed instructions and lesson activities to teach students to analyze, interpret and make judgments about historical documents.
- Topics: lists of broad areas of study that contain many sets of documents dealing with more specific themes within each topic.
- Individual History Docs: each set contains four elements
- Overview of the set: summary description, thumbnail images, annotations, pdf and PowerPoint versions of the document set.
- Image viewer: options to select, enlarge, navigate, or save documents and images.
- Student tasks: suggested critical thinking tasks that can be addressed with the information contained in the designated set of historical documents.
- Teacher notes: instructions and support materials that include background information for teachers.
Lindsay Gibson, Senior editor
Carlos Ormond, Production coordinator
Susan Teed, Web production manager
Roland Case, Project supervisor
Carole Sadelain, Translator
Éric Jacques, Translator
Nathalie Blais, Linguistic reviewer
Romy Cooper, Editor
Armelle Moran, Project coordinator
- The TC2.ca web site contains third-party content that has been licensed to The Critical Thinking Consortium by third-party copyright holders for Authorized Users(s).
- Due to the variety of source for content, end-users should reference the copyright link on each resource to ensure copyright compliance.
- Every effort has been made to identify all licensed material with a copyright symbol © or an appropriate credit located near the borrowed excerpt or in a copyright credit index attached to the resource
- Please notify The Critical Thinking Consortium at email@example.com of cases where copyright has not been appropriately acknowledged so that corrective action can be taken.
- Except as expressly provided herein, it is illegal to reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sublicense, sell, rent, or lease any third-party material without written permission from the copyright owner or their representative.