About Background Briefs
Background Briefs is a collection of 35 briefing sheets that provide contextual information to help students understand selected contemporary and historical issues:
- Using Background Briefs: general suggestions to support inquiry teaching using briefing sheets.
- Strategies for investigating text: detailed list of Tools for Thought lessons that are useful in supporting students to investigate the briefing sheets in the Background Briefs collection.
- Topics: lists of broad areas of study that contain briefing sheets dealing with specific themes.
- The TC2.ca web site contains third-party content that has been licensed to The Critical Thinking Consortium by third-party copyright holders for Authorized Users(s).
- Due to the variety of source for content, end-users should reference the copyright link on each resource to ensure copyright compliance.
- Every effort has been made to identify all licensed material with a copyright symbol © or an appropriate credit located near the borrowed excerpt or in a copyright credit index attached to the resource
- Please notify The Critical Thinking Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org of cases where copyright has not been appropriately acknowledged so that corrective action can be taken.
- Except as expressly provided herein, it is illegal to reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sublicense, sell, rent, or lease any third-party material without written permission from the copyright owner or their representative.