Welcome to The Critical Thinking Consortium
TC² is a non-profit organization of Partner groups and Individual Members.
Each year we support many thousands of educators through a range of face-to-face, online and print resources and services developed around a classroom-proven approach to embedding critical thinking. Our aim is to help students learn to think and think to learn.
Search our website
Search our resources
For educational leaders
Visit our Online shop to purchase resources, memberships and more.
New at TC²
NEW RELEASE! Creating Thinking Classrooms separates the rhetoric from the reality associated with learning in the 21st century. Full of practical advice, this book includes a realistic approach to support leaders at school, district and system levels in their efforts to help teachers navigate the challenges of educational change. Order by June 20, 2015 and receive 15% off the regular price. Partners and Individual Members receive an additional 20% off.
“Why do we have to learn this?” The May 20th edition of The Thinking Teacher provides an opportunity to turn this perennial query over to students as they explore the inquiry question, “Why are early societies worth learning about?” Start right away with the free unit launch and first lesson from the Inquiry-pac Early Societies.
Welcome to the staff of Brentwood Elementary School in Brentwood Bay, BC, a new Partner with TC². See a list of all our current Partner organizations and their websites.
If you’re looking for answers, we’ve got the questions! The complete Inquiry-pac, Community Stories and Canadian Identity, is now available. This online package provides everything you need to implement unit 6A of the new Ontario social studies curriculum through exciting, ongoing inquiry. Licenses for this unit are now available for purchase, as well as the grade 4 Early Societies and the grade 5 Good Government and Responsible Citizenship units.
Our workshop fees are changing. Please note that our new fees will apply to workshops occurring on or after July 1, 2015. Check out our fees page for more details.
Are you interested in helping your staff, colleagues or teacher candidates embed critical thinking? If you are a university instructor, educational leader or keen teacher, register as a Friend of Critical Thinking and receive regular free resources to help you help others.
That’s a good question!
Are you interested in trying our resources and don’t know where to start?
Here are a few ideas:
- Click on “Refine search” under “Search our resources” in the box in the right column of any page. Select the grade level and subjects you’re interested in, click SUBMIT and you’ll get a list of lesson descriptions to choose from.
- Check out our Looking for resources? tip sheet
- Browse the Teaching resources menu
Why should I create my own TC² account?
Do you have questions like these?
- We're trying to implement inquiry based math but it's tough. Any ideas?
- The new social studies curriculum is based on critical inquiry. What do you have that can help?
- Our district is focused on 21st century learning. Do you have any resources that could provide some practical ideas about how to do this?
- I'm not sure how to assess student thinking effectively? Can you help?
Take less than a minute to sign up for your own free account and if you’re a Partner employee or an Individual Member you will gain access to diverse teaching and professional learning resources to help you answer questions like the above. If you’re not yet a member or Partner you still will have access to several resources and will receive an additional free resource each month.
What is the difference between partnership and membership?
Partners are organizations like schools and school districts who have joined TC². Educational leaders within these groups often work with TC² staff to provide professional learning programs for their teachers. Employees of these groups enjoy benefits such as free access to our three main online resource collections, discounts on all TC² resources and access to the library of professional resources.
Is my school or district a Partner?
Check out our list of current Partners.
If your district, school or faculty is not a TC² partner, you can obtain the benefits of partnership by becoming an Individual Member.
Please contact our administrator if you have any questions.
What resources are available for free?
- Partners and Individual Members have free access to our three main online resource collections: Tools for Thought, Critical Challenges and Source Docs.
- Everyone may download free samples from each collection.
- Each print publication also has a free lesson sample.
- Many free resources are also available in the following collections: