Welcome to The Critical Thinking Consortium
TC² is a non-profit organization of Partner groups and Individual Members.
Each year we support many thousands of educators through a range of face-to-face, online and print resources and services developed around a classroom-proven approach to embedding critical thinking. Our aim is to help students learn to think and think to learn.
Search our website
Search our resources
Visit our Online shop to purchase resources, memberships and more.
New at TC²
The April 16 issue of The Thinking Teacher provides a Critical Challenge lesson that helps young students take meaningful, positive action for Earth Day on April 22.
Our best wishes go to Pat Jamison who is retiring this month from her multiple positions with TC²—Coordinator of professional learning services, Regional coordinator for Saskatchewan and facilitator. Pat brought her warm, fun-loving personality and wealth of professional experience to her roles and was well-known for her enjoyable and effective workshop sessions. Pat is looking forward to spending lots of time in her southern home in Mexico. Thank you for your outstanding contribution, Pat!
The April 2 issue of The Thinking Teacher has been posted. Invite students to think critically about math problems using seven types of prompts.
Welcome to two new Partners wth TC²:
We are pleased to announce the launch of our French language website. The new website contains translations of selected content from the English site and we are continuing to add more material as it becomes available. We would like to acknowledge the Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est (CECCE), based in Ottawa, ON, and the Ontario Ministry of Education for providing advice and financial support for this project.
That’s a good question!
Are you interested in trying our resources and don’t know where to start?
Here are a few ideas:
- Click on “Refine search” under “Search our resources” in the box in the right column of any page. Select the grade level and subjects you’re interested in, click SUBMIT and you’ll get a list of lesson descriptions to choose from.
- Browse the Teaching resources dropdown menu
Why should I create my own TC² account?
Do you have questions like these?
- We're trying to implement inquiry based math but it's tough. Any ideas?
- The new social studies curriculum is based on critical inquiry. What do you have that can help?
- Our district is focused on 21st century learning. Do you have any resources that could provide some practical ideas about how to do this?
- I'm not sure how to assess student thinking effectively? Can you help?
Take less than a minute to sign up for your own free account and if you’re a Partner employee or an Individual Member you will gain access to diverse teaching and professional learning resources to help you answer questions like the above. If you’re not yet a member or Partner you still will have access to several resources and will receive an additional free resource each month.
What is the difference between partnership and membership?
Partners are organizations like schools and school districts who have joined TC². Educational leaders within these groups often work with TC² staff to provide professional learning programs for their teachers. Employees of these groups enjoy benefits such as free access to our three main online resource collections, discounts on all TC² resources and access to the library of professional resources.
Is my school or district a Partner?
Check out our list of current Partners.
If your district, school or faculty is not a TC² partner, you can obtain the benefits of partnership by becoming an Individual Member.
Please contact our administrator if you have any questions.
What resources are available for free?
- Partners and Individual Members have free access to our three main online resource collections: Tools for Thought, Critical Challenges and Source Docs.
- Everyone may download free samples from each collection.
- Each print publication also has a free lesson sample.
- Many free resources are also available in the following collections: