Welcome to The Critical Thinking Consortium
TC² is a non-profit organization of Partner groups and Individual Members.
Each year we support many thousands of educators through a range of face-to-face, online and print resources and services developed around a classroom-proven approach to embedding critical thinking. Our aim is to help students learn to think and think to learn.
Search our website
Search our resources
Visit our Online shop to purchase resources, memberships and more.
New at TC²
Based on feedback we’ve received, we are modifying the format of The Thinking Teacher. We are switching from a monthly compendium to a more frequent posting of single items, starting with the March 5 issue - From the Winter Olympics to the upheaval in Ukraine: Help your students detect propaganda. Let us know what you think.
New in Tips for Teachers (Subject area suggestions) – check out Deepening mathematical reasoning. By tweaking our questions and instructions, teachers can help students develop powerful tools to deepen their mathematical reasoning.
Welcome to three new Partners wth TC²:
We are pleased to announce the launch of our French language website. The new website contains translations of selected content from the English site and we are continuing to add more material as it becomes available. We would like to acknowledge the Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est (CECCE), based in Ottawa, ON, and the Ontario Ministry of Education for providing advice and financial support for this project.
That’s a good question!
Why should I create my own TC² account?
Do you have questions like these?
- We're trying to implement inquiry based math but it's tough. Any ideas?
- The new social studies curriculum is based on critical inquiry. What do you have that can help?
- Our district is focused on 21st century learning. Do you have any resources that could provide some practical ideas about how to do this?
- I'm not sure how to assess student thinking effectively? Can you help?
Take less than a minute to sign up for your own free account and if you’re a Partner employee or an Individual Member you will gain access to diverse teaching and professional learning resources to help you answer questions like the above. If you’re not yet a member or Partner you still will have access to several resources and will receive an additional free resource each month.
What is the difference between partnership and membership?
Partners are organizations like schools and school districts who have joined TC². Educational leaders within these groups often work with TC² staff to provide professional learning programs for their teachers. Employees of these groups enjoy benefits such as free access to our three main online resource collections, discounts on all TC² resources and access to the library of professional resources.
Is my school or district a Partner?
Check out our list of current Partners.
If your district, school or faculty is not a TC² partner, you can obtain the benefits of partnership by becoming an Individual Member.
Please contact our administrator if you have any questions.
What resources are available for free?
- Partners and Individual Members have free access to our three main online resource collections: Tools for Thought, Critical Challenges and Source Docs.
- Everyone may download free samples from each collection.
- Each print publication also has a free lesson sample.
- Many free resources are also available in the following collections: