Welcome to The Critical Thinking Consortium
TC² is a non-profit organization of Partner groups and Individual Members.
Each year we support many thousands of educators through a range of face-to-face, online and print resources and services developed around a classroom-proven approach to embedding critical thinking. Our aim is to help students learn to think and think to learn.
Search our website
Search our resources
For educational leaders
Visit our Online shop to purchase resources, memberships and more.
New at TC²
Hymns to dumplings, sonnets to community gardens... Celebrate National Poetry Month this April by savoring the theme of Food and Poetry. The April 1 issue of The Thinking Teacher serves up two lessons that invite your students to explore the world of poetry in a critically thoughtful way.
Our workshop fees are changing. Please note that our new fees will apply to workshops occurring on or after July 1, 2015. Check out our fees page for more details.
Looking for English language arts resources? The TC² website has a treasure trove of resources, but if you’re a busy English teacher and you’re new to the site, how do you find what you’re looking for? We’d like to help you out with a new tip sheet in the March 18th edition of The Thinking Teacher.
We’d like to express a very warm welcome to Liz Coulson, our new regional coordinator for Eastern Canada. Liz comes to us with a diverse and rich background with expertise in instructional technology, literacy, teacher induction and professional development. Welcome, Liz!
Downloading Inquiry-pacs – If you’ve already purchased an Ontario Inquiry-pacs license or entered an access code and you're not sure what to do next, watch this 2-minute video to learn how to download the lesson materials.
More Ontario Inquiry-pacs materials are ready! Several lessons from the grade 6 Community Stories and Canadian Identity unit are now available for purchase, along with the entire grade 4 Early Societies unit and the entire grade 5 Good Government and Responsible Citizenship unit.
Are you interested in helping your staff, colleagues or teacher candidates embed critical thinking? If you are a university instructor, educational leader or keen teacher, register as a Friend of Critical Thinking and receive regular free resources to help you help others.
That’s a good question!
Are you interested in trying our resources and don’t know where to start?
Here are a few ideas:
- Click on “Refine search” under “Search our resources” in the box in the right column of any page. Select the grade level and subjects you’re interested in, click SUBMIT and you’ll get a list of lesson descriptions to choose from.
- Check out our Looking for resources? tip sheet
- Browse the Teaching resources menu
Why should I create my own TC² account?
Do you have questions like these?
- We're trying to implement inquiry based math but it's tough. Any ideas?
- The new social studies curriculum is based on critical inquiry. What do you have that can help?
- Our district is focused on 21st century learning. Do you have any resources that could provide some practical ideas about how to do this?
- I'm not sure how to assess student thinking effectively? Can you help?
Take less than a minute to sign up for your own free account and if you’re a Partner employee or an Individual Member you will gain access to diverse teaching and professional learning resources to help you answer questions like the above. If you’re not yet a member or Partner you still will have access to several resources and will receive an additional free resource each month.
What is the difference between partnership and membership?
Partners are organizations like schools and school districts who have joined TC². Educational leaders within these groups often work with TC² staff to provide professional learning programs for their teachers. Employees of these groups enjoy benefits such as free access to our three main online resource collections, discounts on all TC² resources and access to the library of professional resources.
Is my school or district a Partner?
Check out our list of current Partners.
If your district, school or faculty is not a TC² partner, you can obtain the benefits of partnership by becoming an Individual Member.
Please contact our administrator if you have any questions.
What resources are available for free?
- Partners and Individual Members have free access to our three main online resource collections: Tools for Thought, Critical Challenges and Source Docs.
- Everyone may download free samples from each collection.
- Each print publication also has a free lesson sample.
- Many free resources are also available in the following collections: